Please note that the Foundation DOES NOT accept applications directly from candidates
The following information is intended to give a summary of the scholarship program other than the Special Scholarship
to international students of Nominated Universities
Each year, the Foundation reviews the number and categories of students and decides on its policy of accepting applications from each nominated university for the following academic year, therefore, the terms below may not completely suit the conditions for your university for this year.
Around the middle of March each year, the Foundation sends application documents to the student affairs offices of each nominated university. Please inquire at the office if you are a student of a nominated university.
The Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship Foundation was established in November 1953, by sole endowments of the former The Mitsubishi Trust and Banking Corporation (currently: Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation) and continues its activities of grant programs for scholarship through nominated universities throughout Japan in order to contribute to the development of industries and the improvement and progress of society and culture in our country.
An outline of the scholarship of the Foundation is given below.
(2) Eligibility of Applicants
An applicant must meet ALL
of the following conditions.
- The applicant shall give priority to attending the events of the Foundation.
- The applicant shall be a regular student enrolled in a nominated faculty or graduate course at universities the Foundation specifies.
- * Please contact the international student affairs office at each university for details.
- There must be more than one year of duration of scholarship till the end of the shortest period of regular erollment.
- Japanese students:
As of April in the year of application, the applicant shall be a sophomore or older of undergraduate school, or, in a master's or doctoral course of a nominated university.
Undergraduate students must be 23 years old or younger at application and graduate students must be 33 years old or younger at application.
As of April in the year of application, the applicant shall be a sophomore or older of undergraduate school, or, in a master's or doctoral course of a nominated university. Undergraduate students must be 31 years old or younger at application and graduate students must be 38 years old or younger at application.
In other words, the Foundation does not provide a scholarship reservation program for the student to enroll newly in several months.
- The applicant shall be recommended by the president of the university.
- The applicant shall have an excellent academic record with good personality and be in good health.
- The applicant shall have the intention to contribute to society through working at private enterprises, public offices, schools etc, or through academic research.
- The applicant shall have difficulty in paying school expenses.
- * There are certain restrictions applicable for Japanese students. If you are Japanese please refer to the Japanese page by clicking the "日本語" button at the left side of the top bar of this page.
- * There are no restrictions for international students.
- The applicant shall open a bank account at the Head Office of Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation after adoption.
(3) Amounts and Duration of Scholarship
- Amounts of Scholarship
The amounts of scholarship are as follows.
Scholarship, in principle, does not need to be repaid.
|International undergraduate students:
|International graduate students:
- Duration of Scholarship
The duration of scholarship is the shortest period of regular enrollement with the university where the student studies, starting from the first semester of the school year in which the student is adopted by the Foundation.
If the course of the graduate school is divided into two courses, the shortest period of regular enrollment means the period of each course.